hereby agree to serve as a temporary foster home for the dog owned by Giselle's Legacy and known as:
By affixing my/our signature(s) to this contract (the “Agreement”), the undersigned (hereafter the use of the singular will include the plural and the plural the singular) hereby agree to the following Terms and Conditions required of a Foster Family regarding a temporary foster home situation:
- Giselle’s Legacy retains all rights, possession of and claim to the Foster Dog in Foster Family’s care.
- Giselle’s Legacy is the sole legal owner of the Foster Dog in Foster Family’s care and Foster Family therefore cannot lay claim to said Foster Dog unless Foster Family is willing to permanently adopt the Foster Dog under the terms, conditions, provisions and restrictions established by Giselle’s Legacy, including the completion of appropriate screening and paperwork and payment of minimum required donation as may be required by Giselle’s Legacy, in its sole discretion.
- Foster Family will provide Foster Dog with responsible, loving care, including but not limited to food, water, exercise, and shelter, as well as administer medication, if any, as instructed by an approved veterinarian.
- Giselle’s Legacy may terminate the temporary foster home relationship at any time without cause, notice, or explanation.
- Upon termination of the relationship, Foster Family will immediately relinquish and deliver (or make available) to Giselle’s Legacy the Foster Dog and the Foster Dog’s possessions, including but not limited to, any and all medication, supplements, medical records, information, documentation, leashes, collars, ID tags and crates.
- While the Foster Dog is in Foster Family’s care, Foster Family understands that Giselle’s Legacy will ONLY be responsible for the following costs associated with caring for the Foster Dog:
1. Pre-approved veterinary costs at a veterinarian approved by Giselle’s Legacy, in its sole discretion. 2. Pre-approved medications necessary for maintaining good health.
- While the Foster Dog is in Foster Family’s care, Foster Family further agrees to:
- 1. Return the Foster Dog to Giselle’s Legacy immediately at a location designated by Giselle’s Legacy if Foster Family is no longer able to care for him/her.
- Keep a Giselle’s Legacy identification tag and collar on the Foster Dog at all times (outside).
- Notify Giselle’s Legacy immediately if the Foster Dog becomes ill or lost.
- Never take the Foster Dog to an animal shelter, pound, municipal sheltering facility, or animal rescue other than Giselle’s Legacy.
- Treat the Foster Dog as a family member with suitable sleeping quarters inside the home, not including the garage.
- Keep the Foster Dog safe from harm by avoiding any and all dangerous situations.
- Notify Giselle’s Legacy, in writing, as early as possible (but not less than five (5) days prior thereto) of any impending vacations, long-term business trip, or of an impending move.
- Make the Foster Dog available for mobile adoption events on weekends so that potential adopters may meet him/her at least two times per month.
- Keep the Foster Dog on a leash at all times when out in public.
- Provide a safe and secure environment for the Foster Dog at all times possible.
- Keep the name of the Foster Dog the same as assigned by Giselle’s Legacy.
- Foster family may NOT take Foster Dog to any off leash dog park at any time.